Heidi Stirkkinen, the powerhouse CEO of Kotipizza Group, Finland, unveils the secrets behind managing 280 franchisees and multiple restaurant concepts.
📈 The cornerstone of Kotipizza’s success “is our 2000 employees and the franchisees leading them.”
💡 Heidi’s Golden Rule: “The profitability of our partners is key. We are committed to being a responsible franchisor.”
🚀 A Glimpse into Kotipizza’s Empire:
- Kotipizza: A 305-unit fast-casual chain.
- The Social Burgerjoint: An emerging burger brand.
- Helsinki Foodstock: It’s the backbone. This wholesale & Logistics company ensures franchisees are well-stocked with quality supplies at the best price.
🔥 Kotipizza’s Core Mission: “Our goal is to be Finland’s most beloved band.”
🥇 The Three Pillars of Success:
- Franchisee Profitability: Owning the value chain, controlling customer experience, and ensuring franchisee profitability are paramount.
- Guest Experience: A focus on in-house takeout and delivery. “75% of revenue comes from online orders, both delivery and takeout.” Kotipizza owns and manages the customer from start to finish.
- Franchisee Support: An open line of communication and ongoing dialogue are the lifelines of the franchise partnership. “They foster growth and innovation, and ensure everyone is on the same page.”
“A franchise is a partnership. Having an open line of communication is essential,” Heidi emphasises.
😮 Innovative Strategies:
- Dynamic Pricing: “Delivery is cheaper during off-peak hours. It boosts sales of those dayparts, so our franchisees can maximise the potential of their fleet”, Heidi says.
- In-House IT: “The restaurant industry isn’t about food only any more. It’s also about data. Owing the data is essential to us”, Heidi says.
- Wholesale & Logistics: Kotipizza owns its supply chain, ensuring franchisees have access to the best quality at the best price.
Are you ready to transform your restaurant into a franchising success?
Listen or watch the full episode now.
👆 Learn from the best at The Food Service Growth Show.